SOUTH DAKOTA CONSTITUTION
3. HB 1233 The General Appropriations Act.
4. HB 1142 Appropriation from chapter 14 of the 2000 Session Laws amended.
5. SB 14 Appropriation in chapter 14 of the 2000 Session Law amended.
6. HB 1173 Working holiday, anniversary of South Dakota statehood.
7. HB 1066 State radio transferred from the attorney general to the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications.
8. SB 105 Inmate telephone calls, Corrections Commission to study.
9. HB 1280 Geographic place names replaced.
10. SB 27 State Fair, accounting process revised.
11. SB 128 Interim Rules Review Committee, agencies must serve a copy of the rules hearing minutes on the committee before appearing before the committee.
12. HB 1017 Tuition reimbursement program, appropriation to the Department of Health.
13. SB 124 Energy savings contract, deposit and repayment of funds.
14. HB 1028 Interpreters for the deaf, review panel revised.
15. HB 1027 Board of Vocational Rehabilitation, repeal the composition requirement of the board.
16. HB 1026 Interpreters for the deaf, certification, rule making and fees.
17. HB 1022 Prison industries, appropriation to build facilities authorized.
18. HB 1016 Dakota Prairie Playhouse, Board of Regents may purchase.
LEGISLATURE AND STATUTES
22. SB 82 Local government officials may use credit cards.
23. SB 50 Generally accepted accounting principles, state financial statements required to meet standards.
24. HB 1106 Investments for state funds requirements revised.
25. SB 229 Cement plant sale, proceeds to be invested by the investment council.
PUBLIC PROPERTY, PURCHASES AND CONTRACTS
26. SB 93 Permanent school funds, certain provisions revised to allow the investment of
27. SB 226 Tobacco settlement proceeds, acceptance and revisions for use.
28. SB 169 Public improvements requiring competitive bids, expenditure limit revised.
29. SB 106 Public construction contracts, change orders limited.
30. SB 217 Resident bidders on public contracts, preference revised.
31. HB 1112 School district inventory procedures revised.
32. HB 1180 Surplus property, transfer to tribal subdivisions allowed.
33. SB 255 Homestake Mining Company, transfer of property and equipment to the state.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT GENERALLY
34. HB 1188 Bond issues of local governments, certain dates revised relating to the validation
dates of the bonds.
35. SB 13 Capital outlay fund, proceeds from the sale of surplus property may be placed in the fund.
36. HB 1193 Local government cooperation and consolidation, procedures adopted.
37. HB 1199 Salaries for county officials, adjusted.
38. HB 1156 Referred measure from county commission, election date set.
39. HB 1128 County budget hearing, certain notice requirements revised.
40. HB 1124 Township financial reports, procedures related to filing revised.
41. HB 1276 Historical municipal corporation must maintain its property.
42. SB 84 Mayor, the chief executive officer provisions revised.
43. SB 5 Voter qualifications for municipal and school district elections, provisions revised.
44. SB 75 Candidate for municipal office, method to determine position on ballot revised.
45. SB 76 Mayor's veto authority, provisions revised.
46. HB 1174 Municipal checks and warrants, provisions revised to conform with state standards.
47. SB 100 Uniform building code references updated.
48. SB 199 Transient merchants, regulated by municipality.
49. HB 1132 County assessment records, to be available to the local equalization board.
50. HB 1216 Energy property tax assessment credit, procedure to apply revised.
51. HB 1139 Property tax levies for the general fund of a school district revised.
52. SB 65 Estate tax, certain estates of nonresidents subject to tax.
53. HB 1044 Internal Revenue Code, references revised.
54. SB 225 Insurance, tax, cash, and benefit provisions revised.
55. HB 1163 Sales and use tax, exemptions created.
56. HB 1001 Sales and use tax, provisions revised.
57. SB 209 Sales and use tax, delay in payment under certain circumstances.
58. SB 46 Direct payment permits, department may issue.
59. HB 1048 Tobacco distributor or wholesaler, license may be revoked for failure to provide certain information.
60. HB 1177 Assessments must be paid before appeal to the Supreme Court.
61. SB 166 Sales tax task force created.
62. SB 223 Tax refunds for elderly and disabled persons, appropriation.
PLANNING, ZONING AND HOUSING PROGRAMS
63. HB 1095 Plats, dimensions of a plat revised.
64. HB 1009 Voter registration list, procedure to update the list revised.
65. HB 1251 Signatures on certain petitions, presumption about the voter created.
66. HB 1252 Voter registration, statewide list established.
67. SB 6 Political party officials, secretary of state to be notified of nomination or election.
68. SB 7 Certificate of nomination, filing date revised.
69. SB 66 Special primary election, appropriation to reimburse certain counties.
70. SB 234 State-designed student achievement tests, development and use.
71. HB 1123 School districts, requirement that school districts consist of adjoining territory repealed.
72. HB 1196 Textbooks, purchase from school district capital outlay fund authorized.
73. HB 1294 School districts, incentive to consolidate.
74. SB 91 School district employees, certain employees required to complete a background check.
75. SB 117 School district employees, background check provisions revised.
76. HB 1069 School consolidation provisions revised.
77. HB 1258 State aid to education, distribution revised.
78. HB 1158 State aid redirected for school districts that accept open enrollment students.
79. HB 1187 Property tax levies, relationship to state aid to education revised.
80. HB 1006 Capital outlay fund, expenditures from fund revised.
81. HB 1113 Electronic funds transfer, school districts may use this method for payment.
82. HB 1070 Vendor may contract with school board to sell soft drinks or other concessions on school property.
83. HB 1266 School day, allow for a shortened school day due to inclement weather.
84. SB 145 Special education, state aid distribution revised.
85. SB 60 Special education, the uses for the extraordinary cost fund expanded.
86. SB 62 Nonpublic school, penalty repealed for teaching without a certificate.
87. SB 63 Teacher or administrator certificate revoked for being involved with controlled substances.
100. SB 94 Veterinary medicine, statute of limitations for malpractice established.
COURTS AND JUDICIARY
103. HB 1002 Patient communications, waiver of privileged communications with physician or
PERSONAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
111. HB 1101 Concurrent or consecutive sentences, discretion of the court clarified.
112. HB 1241 Threatening or harassing communication, defined as a crime.
113. SB 150 Bingo and lottery, certain provisions revised.
114. HB 1072 Livestock theft classified as grand theft.
115. SB 250 Theft, taking money or property of an inmate or a patient.
116. HB 1092 Controlled drug or substance, certain definitions revised.
117. HB 1091 Intoxicating substances, venue for crime of ingesting certain substances revised.
118. HB 1024 Adult inmates and parolees, information released to certain persons and entities.
119. HB 1145 Arrests, circumstance under which a person may be taken into custody revised.
120. HB 1075 Grand jury, certain procedures for returns modified.
121. HB 1265 Restitution required from those defendants no longer on probation.
122. HB 1054 Crime victims' compensation program, provisions revised.
123. HB 1257 Indigent defendants, reimbursement of certain costs provisions revised.
PENAL INSTITUTIONS, PROBATION AND PAROLE
124. SB 149 Housing of prisoners, revise provisions relating to costs.
125. SB 30 Telephone or video conferencing, Board of Pardons and Parole may conduct hearings.
126. SB 29 Violent offenses identified for parole eligibility.
127. HB 1110 Juvenile corrections facility, possession or delivery of contraband prohibited.
128. SB 28 Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision.
136. HB 1274 Child welfare and family day care, who may be licensed or registered, revised.
137. HB 1275 Custodian, definition revised as it relates to abuse and neglect.
138. HB 1122 Juvenile hearings, time requirements for certain hearings revised.
139. HB 1109 Juveniles, detained in adult jails if convicted as an adult.
140. HB 1023 Department of Corrections, certain employees screened through the abuse and neglect central registry.
141. SB 53 Abused or neglected child, provisions regarding reunification with parent revised.
142. HB 1053 Abuse and neglect, dispositional decree requirements revised.
143. HB 1077 Child in need of supervision, certain costs and fees may be imposed.
144. HB 1078 Delinquent child adjudication, court may impose certain costs and fees.
145. HB 1051 Child abuse, punishment for crime increased.
146. HB 1004 Crime of violence, the Unified Judicial System must notify the chief administrator of a school where a juvenile convicted of this type of an offense is enrolled.
147. SB 52 Children's trust fund, provisions revised.
MENTALLY ILL PERSONS
148. SB 33 Involuntary commitment, no person may assist an escape of a person who has
149. SB 32 Notice of hearing, requirements revised for certain commitment hearings.
150. HB 1025 Mental health, certain provisions revised.
PUBLIC WELFARE AND ASSISTANCE
157. SB 18 State trunk highway system revised.
158. HB 1013 Commercial motor vehicle drivers may rest at interstate rest areas for longer period of time.
159. HB 1087 Road districts, two or more may consolidate.
160. SB 144 Public highway rights-of-way, certain activity restricted.
161. SB 137 Certificate of title, delivery upon certain circumstances.
162. HB 1046 Boats, registration and numbering required.
163. HB 1047 Boats, certain provisions regarding leasing and excise taxes revised.
164. HB 1116 Construction equipment, certain vehicles to be registered.
165. HB 1045 Personal information, disclosure of information in motor vehicle records prohibited.
166. HB 1223 Leased vehicles, excise tax calculation revised.
167. HB 1254 Motor vehicles, criteria to apply the excise tax revised.
168. HB 1236 Auto auction, motor vehicle manufacturers may sell vehicles at auction.
169. HB 1119 Car auction agency, limited travel for certain motor vehicles.
170. SB 114 Local government transportation technology transfer special revenue fund, funding modified.
171. SB 115 Driver's license laws revised.
172. SB 204 Tribal identification cards may be used when applying for a driver's license.
173. HB 1076 Drivers' license or permit, suspension and revocation provisions revised.
174. HB 1154 Juvenile adjudications, certain driving privilege penalties revised.
175. HB 1036 Out-of-service order, commercial motor vehicle may not be operated when order is in effect.
176. HB 1149 School bus driver, school district notified when license suspended.
177. HB 1118 Driving under the influence, time period extended to consider prior convictions.
183. SB 244 Assisted living centers must disclose charges.
184. SB 1 Genetic testing, informed consent must be in writing from the person to be tested.
185. SB 218 Fetal alcohol syndrome, suspected cases reported.
186. SB 57 Anatomical gifts, certain provisions revised.
187. HB 1043 Open burning, state fire marshall may prohibit.
188. HB 1127 911 surcharge, certain procedures for the remittance surcharge revised.
189. HB 1279 Tobacco use prevention and reduction program created.
193. SB 45 Alcoholic beverage license, suspension or revocation hearing may be moved.
194. SB 162 Farm wineries may hold off-sale wine license.
195. SB 219 Municipalities may issue on-sale license for certain large events.
196. SB 168 On-sale liquor licenses, provisions relating to resort facilities revised.
197. HB 1079 Underage possession or consumption of alcoholic beverage, venue to adjudicate charge clarified.
PROFESSION AND OCCUPATIONS
211. SB 161 Petroleum products containing MTBE, regulated.
212. HB 1253 Dealer franchises, outdoor power equipment included.
213. SB 34 Weights and measures inspections may be performed every two years.
214. SB 88 Prescription drug cards regulated.
AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
215. HB 1019 Department of Agriculture, certain statutory programs revised.
216. HB 1170 Anhydrous ammonia, use regulated and penalty imposed.
217. SB 98 Weeds and pests, certain penalties established for failure to control.
218. HB 1021 Plant inspection and quarantine, certain provisions revised.
219. SB 210 State hog checkoff program established.
220. SB 221 Wildfire suppression, appropriation.
221. HB 1203 Northern Crops Institute, appropriation.
FOOD AND DRUGS
222. HB 1298 Ruminant livestock feeds, regulated.
223. SB 152 Livestock vaccination and brucellosis testing, rule making revised.
224. HB 1201 Trespass by buffalo and partition fences for buffalo, provisions revised.
225. HB 1020 Dairy inspection fees revised.
GAME, FISH, PARKS, AND FORESTRY
226. SB 56 Big and small game, definitions revised.
227. HB 1060 Wild animals, civil damages for unlawful taking revised.
228. HB 1061 Unsatisfied judgment, a person may not have a hunting, fishing, or trapping license when a civil penalty for a game violation remains.
229. HB 1059 Hunting licenses, surcharge for depredation and public access continued.
230. HB 1056 Fur dealer license, penalty increased for violations.
231. HB 1058 Nonresident family fishing license, daily and possession limits modified.
232. HB 1062 Photo identification, a person must provide when conservation officer examines a person's license.
233. HB 1005 Hunting, the 660 foot shooting safety zone established for hunting on public waters.
234. HB 1063 Ice fishing shack, time required to remove from public waters revised.
235. HB 1064 Conservation officers, law enforcement authority clarified.
236. HB 1057 Conservation officers, law enforcement authority for the officers revised.
237. SB 55 Union County State Park, name changed.
238. HB 1146 Wildland fire coordinator, position and duties created.
RECREATION AND SPORTS
239. SB 103 Lottery records, confidentiality revised.
240. HB 1200 Real estate documents, standardized.
241. HB 1134 Well pump installers and repairers, license requirements established.
245. SB 81 Business trusts regulated and certain provisions revised.
246. SB 139 Cooperative director, eligibility provisions revised.
247. SB 80 Nonprofit corporations, definition for "member" revised.
248. SB 40 Securities registration, Canadian broker-dealers exempt.
249. SB 123 Uniform Partnership Act, adopted.
PUBLIC UTILITIES AND CARRIERS
250. HB 1297 Home heating assistance, transfer of funds.
251. HB 1085 One-call notification, conditions revised to bill certain costs within the notification system.
252. SB 253 South Dakota Railroad Authority to acquire certain property.
253. HB 1055 Motor carriers, the time to pay the identification fee is revised.
254. HB 1038 Motor carrier safety and transportation of hazardous materials, provisions updated.
255. HB 1222 Telephone corporations, certain provisions revised.
256. SB 140 Rural electric cooperative, taxes paid to a municipality revised.
257. SB 165 Power production facilities, incentives to develop facilities provided.
258. SB 54 Pipeline safety inspection, citations to federal law updated.
DEBTOR AND CREDITOR
259. SB 26 Farm loan mediation board abolished, program authority transferred.
UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE
260. HB 1080 Dishonored checks, sales taxes may be applied as part of collection costs.
261. SB 107 Uniform Commercial Code, certain provisions revised.
262. SB 58 Uniform Commercial Code, fees established.
294. SCR 01-1 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 16-18-20.2.
295. SCR 01-3 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-7(b).
296. SCR 01-4 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-11(a).
297. SCR 01-5 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-11(b).
298. SCR 01-6 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-26(c).
299. SCR 01-7 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-39-48.
BILL NUMBER TO CHAPTER NUMBER CROSS-REFERENCE TABLE
ENACTED, AMENDED AND REPEALED SECTIONS TABLE
This page is maintained by the Legislative Research Council